Welcome to our How-To Series #1, and let’s learn how to screencast your smartphone on your Laptop.
Ever wondered, how cool it would be, to watch your movies, games on a bigger screen, but done on your smartphone? With Google Chromecast popular in today’s date, people still look for cheaper options. But only a few know they have inbuilt options in their own gadgets.
The prerequisites, for how to screencast would be your Android Phone & a Laptop with Windows 10. So, let’s start.
1. Click on the bottom right icon on the taskbar, to open Settings. You will see Connect icon. Click on it.
2. After clicking, you will see this page, simply hover down and click Projecting to this PC.
3. On clicking Projecting to this PC, this page appears. Simply, go through these options, I kept asking stuff to First time only, and Never for PIN Requirement since it’s my personal laptop. Hence, only my smartphone is going to be cast. But you can change them as per your comfort. When you’re done with the settings, click on Launch the Connect app to project to this PC. (text in red color).
4. A window will pop up, showing your laptop is ready to connect wirelessly. (Ayush is shown here, because of PC Name).
First part for laptop settings are done. We checked all options and made our device ready. Now let’s dive into your smartphone settings.
5. Search Cast in your settings, and you will find it. Click on Cast. It can be screencast too in some devices.
6. Your smartphone will start searching for a device nearby, and will show up below.
7. Voila, the laptop showed up while searching. Click on your device name.
8. Your smartphone will get connected, and now you’re able to screencast on your laptop.
9. How to Screencast done in only 9 steps! Enjoy your movie/game now. Let me know if you get stuck in any step.
10. Bonus tip for users: Some smartphones have a security feature, so you may use your social apps like WhatsApp, etc without worrying, anyone could see your private messages. Just select Hide Private Items.
I hope this article helped you to screencast your device. You can always drop your queries in the comments section and we will get back to it. If you’re Photography Enthusiast, check out this article.